Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Miracle Grains

Making Rosemary Gladstar's miracle grains has been on my list for quite some time and now that I have finally made them, the results are stupendous and I want to share them here.

Miracle Cleansing Grains. That's quite a statement. But if you use them, you will know why-they are truly miraculous! I made up a batch, put them in a plastic container in my bathroom, found a scallop shell from Pensacola to use as a scooper and designated a small marble mortar that didn't get much use in the kitchen to mix it up fresh every time I wash my face.

It feels so nice and I feel so pampered to be able to make for myself a truly wonderful beauty product. Here is the recipe:

2 cups white clay
1 cup finely ground oats
1/4 cup finely ground almonds
2 tbl. ground lavender
2 tbl. ground roses
2 tbl. poppy seeds
and rose essential oil for scent

That's it! To use, take a small amount and wet with water and/or honey (for extra moisterizer if you need it)and use like a regular cleanser.

I like to finish with witch hazel and then jojoba oil and my skin feels soooo soft and nice. I think it's a fraction of the price of regular products, too! Whoopeee!

No comments: